Sunday, October 4, 2009

place your orders now!

I just want to take a moment to show off a little... no, not my own skills. In fact this entry may very well prove that I am the black sheep of the family. I have to recognize both of my sisters-in-law for their amazing talents at cake decorating!

Now, lest you start to scoff at the simplicity of the task of creating a birthday masterpiece... take a moment to introduce yourself to one of the best daily blogs: cake wrecks. This delicious and hilarious site gives you a clue as to how often the world of cake decorating is taken for granted. And so I give you my sisters:

Kerrin makes these for children's birthdays...





and Jeilene makes these for people's parties:



I know!!! Aren't they amazing?!?!! Now, these are not professional bakers - just incredibly talented and artistic (and patient?) women to whom I am so very lucky enough to now be related!
So this brings me to tonight's adventure with Hamp and Sam. We made a cake. Given the above pictures, I'm almost embarrassed to post it. But I tell you what - the boys sure thought it was great!!!



Happy October!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment