Wednesday, December 2, 2009

it's beginning to look a lot like...

The house has been transformed into my version of a holiday haven. I try not to overdo, but there are a few certain Christmas accessories that I just can't go without...
First, there is my kitchen window that gets filled with the trinkets I find over the years as well as my Mother's set of Christmas dishes. (by the way, Mom we need bowls!)

Also in the window year round is a little reminder about how I prefer to live my life - but this time of year it sits proudly next to Mr. and Mrs. Claus and keeps me in check with my Christmas decorations around the house!
This year our home was blessed with a huge poinsettia from Mom & Dad as a thank you for hosting Thanksgiving... THANK YOU! What a beautiful surprise!

Every year I say that Christmas doesn't start until I hear John Denver sing Aspenglow. However, the Vince Guaraldi Trio's version of Christmas Time Is Here is coming in a strong 2nd these days, thanks to Kevin. (Hi Kev - miss you!)
And last, but not least is the tree! It's lovely - perhaps one of my favorites. Maybe because it is so simple? Maybe because we had so much fun finding it in the forest? Or maybe because when it gets dark at 5 o' clock, it fills the whole house with a warm glow...
Now all we need is a big blanket of white snow...

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, "Simplify". A great reminder all year round, even better at Christmas. You got yourself a gorgeous tree this year! I can't wait to see it present-filled.

    ReplyDelete