Saturday, June 26, 2010

parks & rec

The weekend has so far been dictated by the events held in town...

There was an awesome concert Friday night - music provided by our good friends' band One Time. They rocked the courthouse lawn and gained a throng of 3-8 year old girls as new fans.
Very cute. Then there was the infamous annual mini-triathalon...
~ in 2008 I participated and was thrilled to merely complete the event, regardless of time

~ in 2009 I shaved six minutes off my time (mostly because I did not stop to pee in the middle of the 2-mile run!!!) and did fairly well - by my standards anyway!

~ in 2010 I not only completed the event... I even swam an extra lap in the pool to prove myself! (just kidding... about proving myself, but I did swim an extra lap. Bummer.)



(250 meter swim ~ 6 mile bike ~ 2 mile run)
Then we spent the afternoon back at the downtown lawn for some Community Day carnival silliness...
There was stilt walking...
... free cupcakes...
... bubbles (and a kind of wierd clown!)...
... and friends to play with!
We've had a great weekend so far...

2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun... I'm jealous! You guys hanging out over there and my family in Mazatlan, makes me wonder... what in the world are Alec and I doing in Elsinore?!?! Love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats moo!!!! that is stellar! plus, does it really take you 6 minutes to pee? I think you should give yourself more credit!

    ReplyDelete