Monday, February 14, 2011

ski day

I have to agree with my brother on this one... the warmer weather had us ready for some great outdoor fun! While a round of golf wasn't really possible, we did what we do best on a beautiful winter day in the Colorado mountains:
SKI!
I know I've said this before, but it's so true...
there's no better way to play than with family AND friends!
Take a look at this awesome crew we got to ski with yesterday:
That was taken at the top of the mountain with Mt. Sopris (my fave!) in the background... moments later the kiddos took off and weren't seen again until we got to the bottom!
Sam had a great ski day - he's getting so confident and fast, too! He certainly has his comfort zone - reminds me of someone last year! - and unfortunately that zone involved skiing through the trees! He took several good runs with me, and here he is with Dad:



Meanwhile, I am so proud of Hamp for not only trying some new terrain, but being confident enough to take off by himself or with a buddy and enjoy the mountain!
(don't worry, he knows where to go and still be safe!)
The last run of the day was a great, long run where Hamp took off ahead of us and Dad and I hung back with Sam... it was fun all skiing together!

By the very last hill though the super-skiier Sam was absolutely worn out! Knowing how enthusiastic and tireless he had been all day about doing run after run... I decided to indulge the little trooper and carried him the last bit to the lodge!
Ski boots off, treats in hand, warm weather and friends to play with...
what better adventure is there?!

4 comments:

  1. Okay, SCREW golf!!! I wanna go skiing with you guys!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun family & friends day..just doesn't get much better;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...please stop making me so jealous! I wanna go SKIING too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! What a fun day! I loved those arrows pointing to Jason and Sam... you always make me smile with your pictures and captions. SO SO SO wish we could come ski with y'all someday!
    Love u!

    ReplyDelete