Monday, September 17, 2012

fall... so far

Gabe and I took a long hike yesterday.
We just needed to get out. There are these fantastic new trails just above town that we walk every morning... but I wanted to try to finally take the path to the very top of the mountain. The Autumn colors are starting to come out and the temps are starting to cool off just a bit. So we took advantage of a nice afternoon and spent it on the trail.
"you comin', Mom?"



The first couple of weeks of school and getting back into the routine have been quite an adjustment... I guess I didn't realize just how lazy our summer had gotten right there at the end! School wears the boys out anyway, but then there is soccer every night, play rehearsal, piano lesson, football games, open house, tumbling lesson, homework - and that's just the boys!
So it didn't come as much of a surprise when everyone in the house was sick this weekend (head cold). I think it all caught up with us - so we wisely used the couple of days to just rest.
Except, of course when Gabe and I snuck out for a hike!
at the top!

1 comment: