Monday, February 4, 2013

A full weekend

Winter is no slow time for us - there are still many adventures to be had!
This weekend was no exception, and as I was thinking about it this morning I realized just how lucky we are to do all that we do, and always with friends by our side!

Friday ended with friends at the house - adult friends, kids friends, even doggy friends! - and the boys taking off to play hockey on the "ice rink" at the park! They raved about it all weekend and played there well after dark... and well after their little bodies could barely even stand up anymore they were so tired!

Then Saturday morning took us out of town for Hamp's basketball game. He's 3 weeks and 2 games into the season and definitely loving it! Considering how his parents are either knowledge deficient (mom) or skill deficient (dad.... and mom!) when it comes to basketball, Hamp has really taken a liking to the sport and seems to be doing really well on the court. Regardless, I LOVE watching his games!
(he's #41)




Saturday afternoon was reserved for some playtime at home - and the boys busied themselves working on the snow fort in the front yard! Mom helped with the tunnel a bit, which was a huge success. Now if it just won't melt between now and the next snowstorm!















While the boys worked in the yard and Dad worked at home, mom took the opportunity to cut out with Gabe and hike the trails....

Sunday, of course was ski day! It was a great day to be on the mountain - sunshine, good snow, & friends! The boys are skiing better and better every time... and they still love it and ask to go every weekend - so that's good! Of course, when you stop for ice cream on the way home it makes for a pretty good memory!

I love our weekend adventures... already looking forward to whatever next weekend has in store!

p.s. in case you care, I am still trying to figure out how to manage the technology I have! I know I should  be able to blog more easily from any number of mobile devices that I now own, but there are kinks to work out!  All these pics came from my iPhone, where I then blogged them from my iPad, which I in turn managed from my computer! Really... this should not be so difficult!

1 comment:

  1. I'm amazed at how much family "fun" you guys managae to squeeze into one weekend;-D Good times!

    ReplyDelete