Tuesday, June 20, 2017

the best way to start summer...


  



... is with FAMILY!!!!!




While I stayed in Meeker to finish wrapping up the school year, Hamp & Sam hopped a flight to Mississippi to spend a week with their Papa, Yaya, Aunt & Uncle and cousins! I dare say they had a most excellent time and stayed plenty entertained - jumping in the lake, fishing, holding baby Charlotte, going to the movies, jumping at the trampoline park, and least of all just playing with each other!




And as if Mississippi didn't have enough to offer - Papa splurged and took the whole crew to the Gulf Coast for a few days of beach, pool, and boat fun!



It was a win-win for everyone:
the boys got to see their grandparents and cousins
the grandparents got some good one-on-one time with the boys
I got my house clean.... and it stayed that way for a whole week!

I did enjoy some peace and quiet during their absence, and I certainly was able to focus on getting lots of good work done. But I found after 10 days that my heart ached to have them back... and while I was never nervous or worried for them - as I knew they were in the best hands they could ever be in - I was certainly anxious to see those two little figures walking down the jetway in the Denver airport!

Besides.... clean houses are overrated!!!!

1 comment: