Saturday, April 9, 2011

school days

One of the big benefits of being a stay-at-home mom is having time to volunteer in Hamp's class! I love seeing the dynamic of his classmates and his learning in action!
Even better is that Sam's personality is such that he can tag along with me and fit right into the classroom atmosphere with little disruption - he either plays computer games quietly in the corner, or participates with a little guidance from big brother:
This week Sam and I got called in to help with a creative project for the 1st graders - as a fun activity for the end of their geology lesson, the kids went on a rock hunt and then created "pet rocks". I was the paint/hot glue gun maven who helped them all produce this mass of clever creations:
To top things off, Friday was "college day" at Meeker Elementary School so everyone was encouraged to wear gear from their favorite school or better yet, alma mater...
Go 'Noles!

(hey, I write this blog, I can cheer for who I want!)

5 comments:

  1. "Florida State - Florida State - Florida State... Whew!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT!! No Bulldog apparel? I feel slighted;-O
    mojo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mojo, Alec and I promise you Butterbean will be the Bulldog fan :)

    By the way, who's Furman?

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all Mojo, representation by the grandchildren is based strictly on available apparel. i.e. you want a bulldog fan, you send the shirt! Secondly, Jei & Alec, do not worry - I have a few hand-me-downs for BB to wear one day! Oh, and Furman is Jason's alma mater in South Carolina... don't get him started!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pet rocks were so creative! You are quite the pro with a glue gun and paint!!! :)
    And WOW, didn't realize how long Jason's beard is! Too cool!
    Love u!
    :)

    ReplyDelete