Sunday, August 28, 2011

summer list is now complete!

When we learned of our extended summer vacation, we decided to make a little list of exactly what we should accomplish before school starts in order to go out with a bang!
So here is what we came up with a couple of weeks ago:
As you can see, there were originally four items on the list:
  • a sleepover with friends = check!
  • the Craig pool with friends = check!
  • camping = check! (keep reading for more....)
  • concert on the lawn = rained out, but we still hung out with friends!
But Sam decided to hijack the list and add his own two-cents...
(yeah, surprising for that kid isn't it! no, not really.)
Anyway, if you are adept at reading 4-year old style handwriting then you will see that added to the list is:
  • Skylar's slip & slide = check!!!
This weekend we checked off the last of the summer activities... we went up to South Fork campground for a night out in the tent in the woods.
It was perfect - there were naps, games, books, hiking, exploring, throwing rocks in the river, and watching the very curious chipmunks check out our campsite!
Most importantly, there was time spent just the four of us together...
Sam & Daddy...
Once out on the trail, I realized that it had been exactly 7 years since I had hiked that way and the last time I did I was carrying little Hamp on my back! So I had to take a photo of him in the yellow grass just to compare this tall, skinny, freckle-faced sweet boy to the chubby, round-eyed deliciousness that was Hamp at 8 months old!
Not a lot of pictures from camping, but I did get this shot while hiking on the trail.
Sam was on Dad's shoulders and said that their shadow looked like an angel.
OK... one week to go. I think I will totally be ready for school to start and fall to set in!

5 comments:

  1. Yes!!!!!!! I had been missing your posts! I knew y'all were up to more summer fun! The "angel" picture is my favorite. I love how shadows look in photos. And I can't believe the difference is Hamp. WOW, how he has grown!!!
    So glad y'all got everything checked off your list! Happy Back to School! Special Hugs!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How well I remember that chubby, round-eyed deliciousness as well as that spot where the picture was taken 7 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imagine that;-O Mini-Me mastering "list making" at age 4!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics Moo! You gotta let me know how you were able to add three more weeks to your summer?? I needed some more summer fun with my boys too...I would had loved more time. I guess it pays to be the big pants Mayor and school principal! :) Miss you Moo! -- Ju

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW. just love that old photo. you guys create the greatest memories for those boys...

    ReplyDelete