Wednesday, August 24, 2011

day at the wave pool

We recently got an extended summer (long story!) and the boys and I have been making serious efforts to enjoy the final days of freedom in these last couple of weeks. When asked how they wanted to celebrate the end of summer their first response was Splash Country!

Well, put into a more realistic framework the boys were thrilled to get a day at the Craig Wave Pool with some of their favorite friends!
Although some people thought I was insane to take five boys to the pool by myself (it never occurred to me that it was crazy?!) I have to say it was one of my favorite days - if for no other reason than I loved bearing witness to all the silliness and funny conversations that seven-year old boys have.
There aren't any pictures of the boys in the pool - I didn't dare take my eyes off these fearless five in the water for even long enough to snap a photo! - but I assure you they were a joy to watch!
The big boys body surfed, did flips off the diving board, and played SWAT team in the waves (their army boat capsized, apparently and they had to swim to safety all while battling bad guys!)
The little boys were even more fun to watch brave the 12-inch waves and then slide the kid slide right into my arms!
They collectively convinced me that ice cream treats were in order after a day at the pool (they really had to twist my arm on that one!)...
Despite all the day's fun, I believe my favorite part of the day might have been the 45 minute car ride to Craig and back!

Things I learned on the car ride:
  • Lady Gaga is in fact a girl. (I know?! Who knew...)
  • Katy Perry kissed Lady Gaga once. Don't really know how to gauge that one... gonna just let it go.
  • The Green Bay Packers and New England Patriots are awesome, and the Pittsburgh Steelers are "doing bad" this season. Not much on our own Denver Broncos.
  • Knowing the words to old school hip hop is an easy way to impress your seven-year old son and his friends! (Beastie Boys anyone?!?!)
So fun - and I'd do it again in a heartbeat! Anyone up for another fun day... who knows what we'll learn next time?! ☺

2 comments:

  1. I just wet my pants from laughing so hard! Lessons learned while eavesdropping on a car ride are the BEST!
    What a great day y'all had!!!!!!!!
    Love u!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so I know y'all must be up to something fun... I need an AOHAS blog post!!! Love u! :)

    ReplyDelete