Friday, October 14, 2011

Jay Cutler moves


October is flag football month for 1st - 3rd graders... and it is so fun to watch! 

Hamp has been on high alert all month for practice opportunities and strategy sessions (usually at school recess...!) and has a major case of football on the brain. His first "game" was last week and Dad and I were the virtual equivalent of a major network camera crew! Every now and then I did try to put the camera down and just watch, but he's so darn cute out there I don't ever want to forget how big/small he is! 



Below is a picture of Hamp on the field with one of his best buddies and teammates... and I include it because it is relevant to the title of this post and one of the funniest stories I have heard in a while! In an email from his mother, she relayed his concerns for the upcoming season:


"... he reported he needed to talk with me about something... I said ok, he said, "I am not liking flag football." Now keep in mind, he has had one practice and it has been all he has talked about for a month... I said "why", he said well to start with "there are no lockers for the quarterback or the receivers", I held back my laughter as he was so serious... I said really? Anything else? "Second, they don't let you tackle!" Third, with great passion at this point, "it's like a couch potato game! I mean I am the receiver and I don't know if they are going to take this serious enough." I said "wow"... he continues, "and I mean the good thing is John Hampton is the quarterback and he has Jay Cutler moves and Dad and I like that... but Mom, no lockers, no tackling and it's like a bunch of couch potatoes out there!"


I swear I laughed so hard at the image of this thoughtful, serious conversation... and the major considerations these boys were making about their flag football careers...


... and so I ask, do you think these shots adequately show off "his moves"?!

Anyway, I have to admit, I was pretty proud at his two complete passes in the game:

And I think perhaps he saved his best moves (aka backwards somersault!) for when he was playing defense:

The only touchdown for his team was scored off an interception...
and I think Hamp was pretty excited about it!

Though his team took a loss, they were good sports about it. They had so much fun just playing the game and being with friends. I'm looking forward to a few more games over the next couple of weeks... and probably many more games over the next several years!
the Dream Team!

No comments:

Post a Comment