Thursday, October 25, 2012

first snow - the good, the bad and the ugly!

the GOOD

These boys were so excited about getting outside in the first snowfall of the season!
It wasn't much but it was enough to justify pulling out the snow clothes and boots, and enough to make a few strategic snowballs!

Oh, and the other really good thing about the first snow in late fall is waking up this morning to see a  backdrop of perfect Colorado blue sky and all the tree branches covered in a layer of white... while some still have their golden leaves hanging on!








the BAD

Ugh. The only unexpected negative from the weather was the fact that the door handle on my car was frozen shut this morning and when I tried to pull it open, it just fell off into my hands!!! ooops. That and all the snow clothes are now scattered all over the living room floor! But that's an easy fix...



The UGLY

No, my dog is NOT ugly! (In fact, I think he's very beautiful!!!)
He is even more beautiful in the snow - which is why I was so excited to get a picture of him standing majestically on the back deck:

However, he got so worked up about the snow outside that he ran crazily around the back yard, jumping and flopping like a kid in... well, new snow!
An although he was not ugly while he was playing.... 

... I DID happen to capture this moment!!!!!!

(oh man, I laugh every time I see that! What a funny pup....)

No comments:

Post a Comment