Monday, September 30, 2013

Soccer

We had a fantastic (albeit short - 4 weeks!) soccer season this September.

I found myself saying several times, "I love to watch them play!"

I also came to a deeper understanding of a wise phrase that I have engraved and displayed in my living room:
Do not prepare the path for the child. Rather, prepare the child for the path.

Let me just say, if could prepare the path for my children - it would be laden with soccer balls, shin guards and some great passing followed by a stellar goal! ☺

The 4th - 6th grade league was fast, exciting and fun to watch!
Hamp played great... scoring a couple of goals throughout the games, making some really great passing plays and even making some pretty sweet saves when playing goalie.


The 1st - 3rd graders where still working on several key skills in the game, but that didn't suppress their enthusiasm! As assistant coach, I got a first hand look at how excited Sam was to get in the game, move the ball down the field and once even - score a goal!

So while I can't tell them what sport to love, you better believe I did my best to tell these boys how much I loved watching them play! And I think they enjoyed it almost as much as I did...

No comments:

Post a Comment