Sunday, October 6, 2013

fun fall weekend

Last weekend (yes, I realize I am a little behind...!) was a perfect couple of September days. 

We kicked it off with the annual Fall Festival - and this year Hamp wanted to join his momma for the kickoff 5K run!!!

I was happy (kind of!) to oblige and incredibly proud of his perseverance and physical ability... although I would be remiss if I didn't mention that I BEAT HIM!!! ha ha ha. 

OK, enough about me... I am just so proud that he crossed the finish line! Next year, I fear he will kick my behind. ☺

The rest of the day was spent downtown eating cotton candy, cupcakes, snow cones, hot dogs, turkey legs, etc. etc. and playing all the fun games and collecting all the useless pieces of plastic prizes from the community games. It was beautiful weather (especially considering that the days before had been a freezing snow storm!) and everyone had a great time - including Gabe!



With such great weather, we decided to spend the better part of Sunday outside too.
What better way to do it than hike the new trails above town!
We packed up some water and made the 4.5 mile hike up and over the ridge above town. The boys were great (aka no whining) and so excited to be on a new adventure. The view was terrific and other than a brief encounter with a rattlesnake, the hike was uneventful but fun!

This weekend has not been as eventful (aka no pictures!) but it has been very relaxing all the same.
Weather is great... so I should probably try to get outside! until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment