Saturday, October 19, 2013

Ali's baby shower

Last weekend I was so grateful to be able to go see one of my oldest, dearest friends!
In honor of her growing family (and growing belly!) I flew into town to be a part of her celebration...

What awaited me was a generous, warm, cozy welcome by Ali & Matt (and Ellie dog!)

Ellie loves to hang out on the porch...

Most of the weekend was spent in this spot - possibly the best back deck lounging area EVER!!!

Although there was a LOT of fun leading up to the party on Sunday (shopping, game day, dinner at the Farm House, and an awesome presentation of Sleepy Hollow!) the shower was definitely the highlight! Not only was it a beautiful congregation of Ali's old friends, family, old work friends and new work friends, it was especially a wonderful display of the talents of one of her dearest friends Dawn.

Dawn set up a table for guests to design a set of alphabet blocks for baby W. It was a fun way to visit with everyone at the party while adding a very sweet personal touch to baby W's nursery!

And the finished products... so cool!

I love this - a sign of a conscientious and modern hostess!
You know everyone will have pictures to share... why not be proactive and set up a hashtag group on the most popular social media tool out there! 

Oh - and the decor!
Dawn did an amazing job of setting up the party with a little boy theme...
To truly appreciate all the detail and love that went into hosting this special event - you have to check out Dawn's blog below. It's worth it just to see all her gorgeous pictures!



Besides the beautiful surroundings, comfy home, extraordinary party and fun events of the weekend, I confess that the best part of all was just being with friends!
I especially enjoyed being with all of Ali's family and meeting all of her very cool friends from work...
Then again, I loved that I was able to spend quality time with a couple of my dearest friends from childhood. And that always means there will be just a little bit of silliness involved!

Much love to Ali & Matt and their upcoming addition to the family!
Thanks for letting me be a part of the celebration... I love this little guy already.

No comments:

Post a Comment