Sunday, November 27, 2016

Thanksgiving

It is always nice to have a long weekend to rest, play and be with family.

This year we stayed close to home and enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner with Mojo & Dado.
We watched plenty of football, several movies, played with friends and even did a few chores.

The only regret is that we didn't get to personally wish Grammy in Knoxville a Happy 92nd Birthday, or wish cousin Graham in Mississippi a Happy 12th Birthday,  or be with Yaya & Papa in Mississippi or be with Alec & Jei in California.

But we were grateful to have great friends and family here in town to be with and grateful for good weather to enjoy being outside.

I am thankful that I was able to hike the town trails...
 
 I am thankful for waking up to new snow...


I am thankful for wild turkeys...

I am thankful that we were able to hike Hanging Lake with friends...

I am thankful that Hamp didn't choke Sam and throw him in the lake...

I am thankful that I caught Sam in one of his contemplating the universe moments...
(and obviously I am thankful for sun flares in my photos!)
 

and I am so thankful for a gorgeous Saturday afternoon in Meeker as the #1 ranked Meeker Cowboys hosted the Strasburg Indians in the 1A State Championship Football Game...
Cowboys 14 - Indians 34
Such a good game and an amazing season!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving!! Looks like you enjoyed some good calm and nonchaotic time! I agree with you, I like both, sometimes it is good to stay home others it is good to go all over and see everyone.

    ReplyDelete