Saturday, November 11, 2017

Halloween

There are 3 ways that we know fall is winding down:
~ we have seen snow on the ground
~ basketball season has begun
~ Halloween!!!

The boys' excitement for this holiday holds strong (I'm sure it has nothing to do with the prospect of getting buckets of free candy and staying out late with friends!)  However, I have trouble getting into the spirit - so it's up to the boys to make all the Halloween magic happen.

Sam carved the jack-o-lantern this year all by himself:
a little gory - should I worry???
Sam also participated in the local 4H chapter's fundraiser: A Night at Hogwarts
He was so excited to be a wizard and show off the cool science experiments that he was learning about in school!

When the 31st finally arrived, Sam donned his wizarding robes again, brandished his wand and found his friends for trick-or-treating!

Where was Hamp during all of this? Well, he was either at basketball practice or playing with friends! He did manage to put a mask on and trick-or-treat with friends so he enjoyed the holiday just fine. And we all appreciated a Tuesday evening where everyone was out and about with their kids and anxious to stop by and say hello!

The end of fall is always met with equal parts anxiety and excitement - I LOVE the winter season for its weather, all the activities (skiing! basketball! Christmas concerts!) and of course the holidays! But my anxiety comes from the knowledge that this time of year always goes so fast and I worry that I won't do enough for others and enjoy every moment as much as I can. I guess I will just try to keep it all balanced with a little adventure...

2 comments:

  1. Not too gory! Totally boy and very creative...
    Nice hair! Love you
    Good luck with that balance thing, once you have it down can you share your knowledge?

    ReplyDelete