Monday, December 14, 2020

16.8 year streak

As we drove to the hospital Wednesday night Hamp says to me “aw man, I broke my streak!” Meaning he had never broken a bone before... turns out 1-on-1 basketball drills can sometimes get out of hand... and elbows are harder than noses!
But I am relieved that it was only a broken nose and a clean break that was easy to fix. And after 3 trips to the hospital (initial trip to the ER, consult with the ENT & reset in the OR!) I am happy to have Hamp all straightened out - at least esthetically. He was in no pain and super calm throughout the 48 hour process so I am glad to know he has his father’s nerves of steel!
He’ll be back to basketball practice in January.... 

in the ER Wednesday night:

getting ready to go under to have it reset:

all done:
(and enjoying the lingering effects of anesthesia...)

No comments:

Post a Comment