Saturday, May 14, 2011

I love spring!


I know that will sound like a very hypocritical blog post title coming from me - the one who routinely whines all year long about how miserable March - June is in Colorado... but there is the late snow, the wind, the mud, the rain/sleet, the dirt, the cold, the occasional teaser of a nice warm sunny day in March and then lots more cold, windy, sleety, dirty days!

Then there is also the fact that every time I get my March Southern Living magazine I have pangs of homesickness when I read about the blooming azaleas!

But there is one redeeming quality about Spring in Colorado - the GREEN!


Nice weather this weekend has encouraged us to finally get out and get the yard looking nice - mowing, weeding, and digging in the dirt! I just love the budding leaves and newly sprouting plants and the overwhelming color green that we haven't seen since August...












Yaya wanted to see how tall our aspen tree in the front yard has gotten - I think it has grown a few feet in the six years it has been in the front yard!
Funny how even though the boys are also encouraged by the warmer weather, it's not to do yard work... they spent the morning on the trampoline!
HAPPY SPRING!!!

2 comments:

  1. When did you start raising ghosts??? Get those boys some shun-shine will ya!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: Alec's comment....Think a trip to the beach should do the trick!

    ReplyDelete