Wednesday, May 4, 2011

traffic

So, as I was driving down the main drag of town yesterday, I saw this:
In Meeker, it is a biannual occurrence that sheep and cattle ranchers alike drive their herd through town to seasonal pastures. I'll never forgot seeing this for the first time almost 10 years ago - and it's good to know that the idea of livestock taking over the highway to only mild response from drivers still thrills me to the point of pulling over, grabbing my camera and taking just a few fun pictures!
This cowboy actually took a picture of me, taking a picture of him! Perhaps he thinks my reaction to a thousand sheep on the highway was a funny as... well, a thousand sheep on the highway!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I am definitely going to share these with my family, we only see this kind of "traffic" on our way to the ranch. And we thought we were cool?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only in Meeker..and I just LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Mandi! Jeilene is soo right! But I have one for you. This past Oct. when Jeilene and my sisters were visiting, a calf just happened to go by the front of my house. The twins and Montserrat just happened to be playing outside and were so excited! Sofia ran inside the house looking for my camera, and took some pics. I will e-mail them to you! Love you! Hello to your 3 boys!

    ReplyDelete