Monday, May 9, 2011

weekend

Oh, this weekend could NOT have been more beautiful!

Due to great weather, we were mostly outside all day Saturday... and so were several of the boys' friends! Here is the only shot I could get of everyone (and there are even some missing!) from Saturday's all-day play date... after this they all dispersed in five different directions!



It was such a great day even a couple of superheros decided to stop by and check on everyone!








The highlight of the afternoon was probably building "the fort". It had taken many forms and locations throughout the day, but here is a picture of its final (for now!) design. Note the couch cushions for comfort and Sam's "cupcake set" for provisions. I mean, they thought of everything!
But my proudest moment was sometime in the afternoon, in between play dates and fort set-ups and bike rides and other adventures... Hamp decided he wanted to finish his book report!
He did such a great job and worked very hard on it (I swear, I didn't do anything but encourage and cut out some shapes!)
And after a beautiful, fun-and-friend-filled Saturday, I got to spend Mother's Day with my favorite boys! We went out for a lovely brunch and that afternoon I got exactly what I asked for:
Sam got on stage and danced in the recital! more on that soon...

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous play-date/weekend! You guys certainly get the MOST out of life!
    Can't wait to go check out Sam's recital!!!
    Love u!
    Happy Mother's Day to such a fantastic Mom!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete