Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Birthday Party!

What a way to celebrate!
My dear friend Trina did it right - a ski day/night out with her husband, a ski day with friends, a day with family, and best of all a snowshoeing adventure with just the girls (and the dogs!)
Lucky me to be invited to the best birthday party ever...

We started the day with a Bloody Mary... (thanks, Jason!)

It was a great day to hike - though it started off a little chilly and overcast, the sun soon came out and we were working up a sweat!


My favorite picture: the girls and the dogs!
The trail was beautiful, the snow was plentiful and the company was excellent...
We didn't see any wildlife... 

Before long, we made it up to the "Warming Hut" and were able to take a load off, sit in the sun, have some snacks, and make a toast (or two, or three!) to the birthday girl!





I absolutely LOVED watching Gabe in the snow - probably not as much as he loved being there! He ran circles around us the whole time and had the most fun playing with his dog friends.

headed back down the trail

Thanks for a great day!
I can't think of a better way to celebrate ~ Happy Birthday, Trina!

2 comments:

  1. Invite me! Invite me! What a fun looking group of girls! Miss you Moo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mand! What a perfect day with your girls and sweet pups! This celebration looked FANTASTIC! Wish I could know your friends in CO too!!! :)
    Got your emails and loved the heart cinnamon rolls! Great minds think alike! :)
    Will write back soon... been out of town for winter break... Alabama gymnastics meet, farm, fishing in Steinhatchee! Fun times with the fam, but have GOT to get caught up on some chores and such here at home. Will post and write tonight! Love you my friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete