Sunday, January 30, 2011

perfection

It was the perfect weekend... and I forgot my camera!
~
That ususally doesn't happen - especially since starting a blog I tend to take my camera out more often than necessary so as not to miss that great photo op. Well, Saturday afternoon was near perfection and eventhough I wasn't able to capture the moments on digital film... I assure you the images are pretty solid in my mind!
~
Anyway, we were lucky enough to have good friends that invited us to spend a gorgeous afternoon in the forest at their family cabin. They have two snowmachines and we all had a great time riding around in the snow, pulling the kids behind us and soaking up the sunshine!
Perhaps one of my favorite moments was driving the snowmachine with Sam in my lap and it looked a little something like this. yeah, seriously.
~
The weekend stayed fun as I ducked out early for a girls' night (always fun!) Saturday night, then a family outing to Craig on Sunday to do some shopping and some bowling!
(I am unashamed to say that I tied my 7-year old with a score of 94.)
Then, to top it all off we were able to visit with my brother & his wife on Skype and received some really exciting news!
~
So we begin another week of daily adventures... I'll remember to bring the camera this time!

2 comments:

  1. OH YAY for perfect weather and weekends and bigger YAY for Alec and Jei! How wonderful to see that little blue line on the pee stick! hee hee! Please send them our biggest congrats!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your brother and his wife!

    NEXT TIME BRING YOUR CAMERA! But great descriptions...I was able to imagine it and was still jealous! Be well...Julie

    ReplyDelete