Wednesday, January 12, 2011

playmobil

It has been terribly cold lately...
In fact, after our big ski day on Sunday where it actively snowed all day both on the mountain and here in town, we were looking forward to a week of fun snow activities like sledding and snowman building. But not when the temps have been in single digits for the past three days - and that includes negative numbers!
Therefore, our adventures this week have included lots of indoor fun. Specifically, fun with playmobil. So bear with me as I present to you the new "city" that has taken over our living room downstairs...
~
First, there is the Playmobil Parks & Rec area:
There are fun skateboarding and four-wheeling races to watch:
... and a park for the kiddos!
Next to the park is Sam's Deli, open daily for your dining pleasure:
Here we have Playmobil's top notch Emergency Services team, including Police, Fire & Rescue and Ambulance:
This poor fellow made some bad choices.
Perhaps a night in the slammer will straighten him out.
Down the hallway is the desert island where the pirates hide their treasure:
Hmmmm, looks like the infamous bandit El Guapo and his band of robbers has cornered the sheriff:
Good thing the troops are on the lookout at Fort Eagle:
I wonder why the flag is at half mast?
Well, it was great while it lasted. As of this posting, Sam, Hamp and a friend are busy rearranging the city to accommodate their imaginations - which is awesome!
But I always cringe a little when the skater dude and the pirate and the police officer mix genres... but then again it's not easy having OCD and being a mother of little boys - bad combination! So I guess we'll just have serve the pirates donuts in Sam's Deli while the four-wheelers take a ride through the desert!!!

4 comments:

  1. YES! I LOVE this post! WISH I was there to help set up those cool scenes and play with y'all! I would like a bite from Sam's deli! :) Funny you don't have little girls... I can just imagine the OCD Barbie displays that would take place in your basement! LOVE you and thank you for this... it brought a big smile to my face! Speaking of OCD... I have been helping Becky purge and clean out and re-organize the last couple of days! I will send you some before/after photos... or might just post them on our blog!
    Special Hugs!
    :)
    and

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? Dude, you have WAY too much time on your hands... and your kids have WAY too many toys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun!!...just wish I had been there to help set them up with you ...Think my fav is the stand-off between the sheriff and that dastardly El Guapo...and the new/improved customers at Sam's Deli...Wish I could have seen Hamp's face when he saw it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could that be a Mexican Ali by the STARTING line at the skate park? Does that girl in the green have a camera? TOO COOL!
    I have looked at these photos 8 times! I am enjoying all the teeny details!
    Ha! :)
    and

    ReplyDelete