Friday, July 8, 2011

fun with friends

Ali & Matt are very fun friends.
They are also very easy guests.
Consequently, we had a great visit!

After the holiday dust settled, there were many adventures to have...
including walks about town, coffee at Wendll's, tricks on the trampoline, and general merry-making around the house with the boys!

But our favorite adventure may have been the hike up the South Fork of the White River,
and a picnic in the Flattops Wilderness...
... then again, our favorite might have been the day we spent on the golf course, especially since it was capped off with a late & great lunch out, a trip to the pool, an evening on the back deck and movie night!




Despite all the fun activities, good stories, great food and special times together, I think Hamp may have had the best adventure of us all:
he learned a little about taking cool pictures with the best teacher I can think of!
Thank you Ali & Matt, for spending time with all of us - especially the boys!

5 comments:

  1. OMG, I was wondering who the boy in the gray t-shirt was and couldn't believe my eyes when his cute smile and cheeks gave his identity away! Hamp looks so different with short hair and I LOVE it! Such a handsome boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun week you guys had!!! Ali/Matt got to do all of my favorite Meeker activities!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lahti's might have to do the same as Ali and Matt and come visit! Looks like so much FUN! I had to take three glances as well to figure out who the boy in the gray shirt was -- Hamp looks SO grown up! Keep updating the blog Moo, I love seeing you guys! I have been slack with ours. It was been a whirlwind since we moved to GA. Cannot believe it is already July! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures made my heart smile! SO nice to see Ali and Matt in Meeker enjoying the Etheridge/Hightower crew!!! Looks like y'all made the most of every minute together! Love to you all! And I agree with Alec and Jei... Hamp's haircut is AWESOME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. have you noticed a theme yet with the photos? hint: i have "jazz hands" in pretty much every post!

    (answer: theme=pure joy)

    ReplyDelete