Friday, May 25, 2012

pre-school party

Last week saw the winding down of the pre-school year... 
and Sam was so excited to party and play with his friends!
we took the boys to lunch after the last "real" day of school!
Then last Friday was the big celebration - snacks, games, friends, balloons, gifts, etc...
ready for some fun...

I got snagged to do the face painting for the kids - and although I didn't get to watch Sam and his friends run around and play, I did get lots of funny one-on-one time with each kid while I turned them into some abstract version of a butterfly, spiderman, ninja, or tiger!
When it was Sam's turn, he came to his momma with a request for his favorite color (to go with his purple fedora and purple shirt, naturally!)... so I obliged, and by the time I was half-way done painting his whole face purple, he had figured out what he was going to be...















... a purple panda! (fave color + fave animal)
Funny, I remember worrying last summer that the school experience could potentially wear away at some of Sam's individuality and unique sense of style.... 
but I think all of that is still well in tact, if not stronger!
Pre-school has merely given Sam some of the greatest friends who love him the way he is and all know that the purple crayon is saved for Sammy.

1 comment:

  1. Does Sammy have that great book... Harold and the Purple Crayon? He is ADORABLE and one of a kind! Can't believe another school year has come to a close. Love and miss you guys!!! :)

    ReplyDelete