Wednesday, May 9, 2012

spring cleaning

MY SPRING CLEANING TO DO LIST:


2) re-paint my living room

before... (note the circled hole in the wall! yikes...)
after... hole is patched, wall is clean, I am happy!

I know it's not much different, but believe me - 
the change from a dingy, greenish yellow to a warm, buttery tan is MUCH nicer!!!!! ☺


3) get a bike rack!
I know it seems excessive... but check out what it looked like before

4) clean up the toys in the backyard
So, this was more challenging than one would expect... 
it seems that when the boys tried to throw the football it got stuck in the tree:

So naturally, they tried to get the football down by throwing a basketball at it.
Well that got stuck, too!
Then they threw a baseball bat up to try to get the balls....
I think you get the idea!!!!!
we think the tree perhaps is akin to Charlie Brown's kite-eating variety
the boys thought it was fun, though!

5) mow
The first cut of the year...

6) plant
My very kind neighbor gave us some purple iris bulbs to put in our front yard!
Sam had fun digging in the dirt and playing in the water!



and finally.... rest!
A few days of nice, sunny weather have gotten all of us out in the back yard for some relaxation.
Happy Spring!!!



2 comments:

  1. OMG, if you make the picture big you can totally tell the difference! Your living room looks warm and inviting! A yellowish green vs a brown undertone makes all the difference, and I know what a headache it is to choose the exact color you have pictured in your mind, so great job! Can't wait to see the results of the next task :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW! This is my kind of post!
    You are superwoman! VERY PRODUCTIVE!!!!!!!!!!
    Love all you have done and the gorgeous new color in the living room!
    NICE!!!!!!!!!!
    Wish I could come see it all in person!
    :)
    Love u!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete