Monday, March 7, 2011

last ski day?

We hit the slopes again on Sunday for what may be our last of the season!?
(depends on the weather and our stamina over the next couple of weekends...)
It has been such a great year for skiing, and spending the day taking runs all together has been truly gratifying.
We certainly love our little family mountain - the relatively short drive, the easy-going lodge atmosphere, the fact that there is just enough varied terrain to keep a good skier occupied all day, but not so much that it's intimidating, and of course the family-friendly season pass prices!
So, I managed finally to get some video of the boys on skis...


Here's one that shows a side of Sam that you don't usually see - the pain and agony of things not going his way!!!


And finally, I love the way Sam makes his way down the hill! Hamp cruises on ahead so fast that we can all hardly keep up, but Sam takes his time and Dad and I get to enjoy the scenery!



The boys even got some time to play in the snow while we packed up to go home!



Looking forward to plenty of great skiing next winter, too...
Oh, and just in case you forgot the invitation is always open to join us for some mountain fun!

3 comments:

  1. The videos were AWESOME! You guys are the coolest family EVER. I hope one day we can come join you for some skiing! Sam and Hamp are pretty impressive... to be so young and know how to ski. And the scenery was gorgeous. I am so jealous. But in a happy for you guys kind of way!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cpunt on us taking you up on that offer when our little one is older! Think my Florida boys can hang?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... that really looks boring! I don't know who would want to put on slippery planks on their feet and go down a mountain covered in snow! Definitely not my idea of a good time! =) You have no idea how insanely jealous I am! Next year I'm taking an entire month off and going skiing with you guys!

    ReplyDelete