Monday, March 21, 2011

kite weather

Sam and I found the perfect adventure for a windy afternoon!
We hit the soccer/tee ball field with an old kite - Sam thought it was the best thing ever!
He giggled when I flew the kite low and it swooped just overhead and crashed...
Then he laughed even more when he got to fly it!
(I'm kind of surprised it didn't drag him half way down the field...)
He had so much fun - he learned to launch it for me and retrieve it when it fell a long ways off... and in true Sam fashion, he personified the kite so that our adventure was more than kite flying, it was truly playing with our friend, the flying frog!
HAPPY SPRING!

3 comments:

  1. "I use to shred kites like that"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just make sure he brings "the flying frog" to the beach in June! I love flying kites too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Up through the atmosphere, Up where the air is clear... Let's go, fly a kite!"

    How fitting that "Mary Poppins" and her youngun' were out flying a kite!

    Fantastic pictures! They told the story! :)

    ReplyDelete