Friday, March 18, 2011

refresh

So my adventure this week involves taking a 7-year old paint job in the downstairs den and giving it a whole, new look! Nothing drastic, just an update.

This picture shows the soft lavender we chose right before Hamp was born - it was great at the time and keeps the room light. But in lieu of new furniture or even a whole new house, I decided a new color would not only satisfy my need for change -but cost a LOT less!!!
So, I went with a light brown - I think it looks nice with the white trim.
It's kind of a minor change, but it does make a big difference!
(mostly because it covers all the holes, scratches and old dirt from over the years!!!)
Anyway, while I was up-to-my-elbows in paint, the boys were wonderfully occupied with creating their "fort" upstairs! I was so grateful for their patience and understanding while I refreshed the downstairs!

5 comments:

  1. great Mojo... but what's a "thimb"?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two "Thimbs" up from me! Love the new color! Can we hire you this summer to come paint our nursery??? =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better than a thumb...but NOT quite a limb...hence a "thimb"! Haven't you gotten use to my "lingo" yet???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two Thimbs up in a CIRCLE from me! :) Love how the color makes the room look so fresh. What is the color called? And I always appreciate the smell of a newly painted room. GREAT Job Mand! :)
    Sounds like MoJos lingo is a little like her gift wrapping! ha! :)

    ReplyDelete